Alchemy SL: Incantare Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wax On, Wax Off

+11
Artis Wilhelm
Danae Wrede
Colby Miller
Xakiel
Gabrielle Sommers
Tobias Wakefield
Gideon Shaw
Estonia Dalion
Jason Price
Tristian Daniels
Arik
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Wax On, Wax Off - Page 4 Empty Re: Wax On, Wax Off

Post  Gabrielle Sommers Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 am

Underground Prison
Sewer System, Closer to the Captives

Hearing the English man try to be calm about their predicament but at the same time forceful in his words she turned around to face him.

“Colby it’s Gabrielle, for the love of peat call me by that not by my last name. Make me sound like my Mother.”

With that she rolled her eyes and kept her back up against the wall that she was resting on waiting for Atrimus to catch up to them that was when she whispered.

“I know we’re close and that means we can get whoever is in here and get the hell out of doge. Get back to jack and coke or whatever you like to unwind with.”

She was saying that so the boys would settle down and she could get to hearing what the surroundings were going to tell her about what they were walking into.

“Got to settle down though right now so I can hear what is going on. It’s how I stay out of bar fights and things like that. Glad to see you boys decided to join the party just wish the others would have came down this way. They could be sitting ducks for all we know. Jason and his damn pride is going to get himself killed.”

Muttering the last part she rubbed her legs as she was a bit tensed up from running away from the whole male chest bumping that was going on earlier. She was a bit calmer now and thinking, which was probably not the greatest thing for her to be doing for it was when she thought that she got into trouble.
Gabrielle Sommers
Gabrielle Sommers
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Transmutation

Back to top Go down

Wax On, Wax Off - Page 4 Empty I couldn't leave you in good conscious...

Post  Artis Wilhelm Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:32 pm

[Underground Prison | Sewer System | Close to the captives!]

"You should have gone with Price... or that woman, Gabrielle... safety in numbers and all."

"I couldn't leave you in good conscious knowing what might or might not be down here." Spoken as he came to rest on the balls of his kneecaps. An eyebrow arching when Colby gave him that miffed look only to catch him replacing it with a friendly purse of the lips. "Sorry, that is a no go. I don't hate the guy, but I strongly 'dislike' his style." Artis shook his head back and forth while speaking that last bit.

"To be honest I was hoping we could go look for Gabrielle together. She just vanished and I'm scared something might happen to her, seeing as she went off alone." He'd rub the back of his neck, kneading the stress and tension out of the muscles as those baby blues just wandered from the ceiling to the floor. "Hey can I ask you a serious question..." Pausing for a moment, he'd sheepishly tilt that head before rambling on. "Do you think she likes me?" Of all the places right, never let it be said Artis couldn't kill the mood.

"Sodding hell... someone's down here...they've got captives... "

"Typical..." Colby was being optimistic. Artis half expected to see bodies strung up from the pipes the way this little adventure was going. Someone was dead, dying, or going to be very shortly. Call it a hunch, fortunately his sucked. Yeah it was time for a little pick me up. Doubts started to run through his head again and what better way to get rid of them, then to wash them down with some whiskey.

His right hand reaching for the knapsack undoing the fasten, he'd pull out that trusty Jim Beam bottle. Before you knew it, Artis was nursing the thing like baby's formula. A hard gulp pushed the liquor down. He'd go idle for a moment before masking a 'hiccup' with the sleeve of his shirt.

“At the very least, I know that someone with a touch of common sense is amongst the lot I've been thrown into.”

Colby spoke to soon, because Artis didn't have enough sense not to curb an addiction in dire straights. He was begging to feel the affects of the alcohol. His body in a state of what he liked to call 'fun.' Then again when you build up a tolerance like him it took awhile. Hell for all they knew Artis could be some master of drunken fighting, or maybe the stuff was a catalyst to reaching a beast inside him that held unimaginable power.

Truth be told, he just had a problem. "Well guess that's settle." Looks like they'd stumble upon Gabrielle by mere coincidence alone. "Hey hookie, what the hell? This isn't an amusement park, yech." Both hands shoved into his pockets, he'd sharply blow some loose bangs away that fell in front of his sight. A perturbed expression covering his face, which didn't last very long. The moment Colby dived into the muck, is when Artis reared back and said. "Yuck.."

“We're getting closer to whatever That Essentian wanted us to find...”

"Maybe.." Artis leaned forward, cocking his left leg back while taking a running stance. Furiously rubbing both hands together, he'd breath in deeply and begin to swing each arm back and forth. This might come as a bit of a shock, but what didn't throw people off about him? Anyhow the lush was actually a self taught practitioner of parkour. "I'll be dammed if I'm wading through that stuff." While the Abjurer may be useless in a match of brawn, the guy wasn't to shabby at the whole John Wu thing.

"Okay, here I go." In retrospect this was probably a very bad idea. Because if he missed the jump, he'd be neck deep in shit, literally. Not to mention cause a lot of noise. To late for that though as he paced back only to bolt forward. Lunging over the canal of sewage his feet would pitter-pat against the opposite walkway. The toes falling upon the edge of the cobble stones, landing him in a kneel. He'd begin to feel himself lose balance, teetering back and forth. "Whoa... whoa... help me, help me." Arms flailing wildly.
Artis Wilhelm
Artis Wilhelm
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Abjuration

Back to top Go down

Post  Danae Wrede Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:46 pm

The woman walked among the men , her eyes continued to search the area as each turn they took she paused to make a small nick or mark on the wall to indicate which way they had gone. Well if one wanted to get back in a hurry, knowing which turn to make was important. With the finding of the clothing she stopped and looked at the clothing a moment. " Any indication there is wounds? " She asked softly, this was certainly not a place she'd want to run around injuried that was for shittin sure.

With the question involving the plans and such as she gave a little nod. " I'm hoping so. It shouldn't take me a few minutes to do so. IF I can get reception. " She looked up at the grate and dug the phone back out once more. While they spoke of someone pulling the grate down she merely stood directly beneath it. The signal itself was faint, but it was possible it could work. There were however a few things that she was beginning to get the idea they would all need if these sorts of missions. All of which she would see how much she could scrounge from some odd balled folks she knew surface side.

Her thumbs moved over the pad as she said nothing at all for several minutes. " Nearly there..." She was absently chewing on the lower lip while she sought out the location. " Nevada? " She blinked and looked at the others and chuckled softly. " Can't say I ever wanted to go to Nevada.. " She spoke absently," Getting an exact.. and lets see if I can get into the sewer system plans.. " She didn't look up. Depending on the guys right now to watch her back while she sought out the plans. Just let the link hold a little longer.
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Conjuration

Back to top Go down

Post  Layla Fairchild Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 pm

The past few months had been torture on the little alcoholic woman. Lately, consciousness was entirely beyond her own capabilities. She didn't remember a whole lot after her first month in the cage, and half the time it seemed more like she was completely comatose or even dead. Fighting proved to be useless in the moments that she could move, or when she completely tried. She didn't speak, finding it even less useful than fighting when something came near her cage. Her eyes hurt, her body shrieked even without her trying to move, and she had this damned constant head ache that refused to go away.

Currently, she laid curled in a corner of the cage.. well, two corners judging by the size, but she was curled fairly small for her medium build. Too thin. Bones were more than likely a little on the brittle side, and muscles may very well be deteriorating by now. They gave her enough to keep her alive, but there was barely any nourishment that the human body needed. It was one of the rare moments that she was awake, foggy blue eyes that barely held much of a living glow shifted her gaze to where she heard words. A chant.

Slowly, she reached out and started hitting her hand against the bars of her cage, trying to catch attention. Perhaps they were at least free enough to help her? She prayed. Her muscles were sore and protesting the movement, like someone who had been running much further than they were capable of.

Bang, tap.. tap...

"Hey," croaking softly. Throat was sore from the bad air and not speaking as much as she normally did. It felt like dried leaves were in her air pipes. "Over here. Please."

Tap, tap... and her hand fell against the floor, but only so she could start to push herself up slowly, arms shaking for a moment. She was trying to will herself to at least sit up and get herself into better view. Blond hair was a complete mess across her head, touseled and pale from the lack of nourishment. Obviously, she didn't look her best at the moment, but that didn't matter to her. She just wanted fresh air and some real food. A burger. Oh, yum.
Layla Fairchild
Layla Fairchild
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Illusion

http://www.bebo.com/lacedglamour

Back to top Go down

Post  Gavin Mitchell Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Underground Prison
Sector East

As soon as Bailey's lips ushered the spell, Gavin would tightly grab her hand and guide her out of harm's way. The conjurer didn't bother looking back to see if her spell cast worked or not. All he knew is he wanted to get the fuck out of the hell hole! His survival mode had kicked in and all he could live, breathe, and taste was freedom. He wanted to feel the warm rays of the sun gracing his chiseled jaw and athletic body. Bare feet would quickly cross the distance from their cages to out of their room. He could hear the creatures in the background, which only caused him to tightly grip the handle of the axe he wielded. If any of the Kreelocks dared to yank them back they would be in a world of hurt. Pent up frustration and rage had sparkled behind the olive eyes that quickly scanned the long hallway. He'd rather die than be tortured and drained of his mana ever again. Death was starkly better than counting down the seconds and minutes. The days dragged on. It felt as though they had been held captive for eternity.

Bailey's voice would tremble and echo faintly in Gavin's ear. The fear and exhaustion radiating in her hoarse voice. A firm squeeze was offered to the beautiful Illusionist as comfort and support. "We will, I promise you." His gruff voice spoke quietly as he brushed his spine against the cool, damp wall. Slowly, peeking his head around the corner to see it was vacant. Pivoting on the ball of his foot, Gavin would turn the corner with Bailey right behind him. She had been dwarfed by his hulkish body as he would move to take point while watching out for any Kreelocks. He couldn't afford to get either of them captured.

Gavin would stop short when he would tilt his head to the side. He thought he had heard voices. A male and a female voice. They were human and Gavin's own heart raced. Was this some sort of mirage or was it real? He could vaguely hear them off in the distance. Gavin was about to head in the direction of the Danae and Jason when he could hear a meek voice and some banging on a cage. Swallowing down the lump in his throat, he and Bailey had been so close to freedom but he also wouldn't allow anyone else to rot down there either.

"Bailey, there's someone else." His rugged face would lean down to whisper into her ear. His hot breath would tickle her earlobe while he released his clasped hand from hers. Gavin could feel beads of perspiration trickle down the short hairs down the back of his neck. He could feel his palms becoming sweaty as the adrenaline in him surged. They had to go back for another of their kind, a female. Clenching his fists tightly for courage and strength, Gavin would swivel around to slowly creep back towards the East sector where the Kreelocks had kept them.

Gavin would return into the dimly lit room, causing his pupils to dilate. His heart beat frantically inside his chest. Gavin's body trembled and shook like a mini earthquake from the combination of fear and adrenaline. From his line of vision he could see a woman in her cage, Layla. Her taps for help would only alert the Kreelocks which Gavin knew. He would curse under his breath before bare feet would eager sprint forward to her cage. "Shhhhh." He encouraged her faintly, reaching up to grab the key he had conjured earlier from a spell he had used. Slipping the key into the small crevice of the lock Gavin was about to turn it when something hard and fast slammed into him knocking him backwards.

A crash would reverberate in the small cell room. Gavin's bare spine would crash into one of the desks in the corner. Blood would cut and scrape across his bronzed complexion. Pain shot through Gavin as the Kreelock's white eyes would stare eerie at him before a swing of an axe came flying towards his head. Immediately, Gavin rolled to his right just barely missed being decapitated. Dark rage would fill Gavin's green eyes causing his nostrils to flare like an angry bull before he roared. Jumping to his feet, Gavin would swing his axe forward to cause a spark to illuminate when both axe's struck. "Bailey, get the cage open." He quickly grumbled before he pivoted on his foot to roll his hip into a round house kick, striking the beast in the chin. It's head would jerk to the side before it unleashed a blood curdling roar as Kreelocks would be notified of their escape. "Oh, fuck me." He sarcastically spoke to himself before a second Kreelock appeared in the blink of an eye. This one was brown as he threw a deadly punch into Gavin's jaw, nearly knocking it off his shoulders. Shaking the dizziness out of his head, Gavin's body ached and throbbed in pain.

One Kreelock was in front of him and another was behind him. Both came charging forward simultaneously as Gavin waited and at the last second rolled to the right next to the cages. Both Kreelocks swinging mightily as both axe's would collide with flesh, decapitating each other. The spurt of dark crimson / dark green blood would splash the floor as the rolling head would stop beside Gavin's bare feet. "Didn't know who you were fucking with huh?!" He spat at the dead Kreelock before he would help Layla out of her cage and plucking the key back into his black pants.

Gavin would race to the fallen Kreelock to grab the metal armor and would place it on across his bare chest for protection. His head still swam from dizziness. "Time to move, ladies!" He grabbed each one by his left and right hand as he raced out and down the hall heading for the voices he had heard earlier. Traces of Kreelock blood would be worn across Gavin's face like a Native American war paint. Not by his own accord but because of the splattered blood. It felt good to kill two of them. Gavin would use his own anger and frustration as a weapon.
Gavin Mitchell
Gavin Mitchell
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

http://gavin-mitchell.insanejournal.com/profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bailey Turner Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:17 pm

Bailey followed along behind Gavin obediently. She watched his back most of the time figuring he would alert her to any danger from the front. When she too heard the small cries for help and the tapping she turned and held Gavin's arm tightly. "It might be a trap. We should be very careful." she followed him into the room that smelled equally as bad as the one they had been kept in. SHe looked from side to side and when she saw the woman in the cage she approached slowly. "Quiet" she whispered to the woman. She watched as Gavin worked the lock. She turned just in time to see the Kreelock behind them and she tapped Gavin on the shoulder. When she was handed the key she promptly began working it into the lock. It wasn't an entirely perfect fit but it was good enough. She managed to get the door open and then she touched the womans hand. "Don't worry we'll get out of here. Just stay in there until Gavin has this situation handled." As she said that she turned just in time to see the beasts head roll. Bailey would have vomited at the sight had she anything to puke in her stomach. She was sprayed with a few drops of blood and she closed her eyes momentarily to try and erase that memory from her mind.

"I'm Bailey, This is Gavin" she pointed to the one with the axe. "we're not with the monsters obviously. Come on" she took the womans hand and pulled. Gavin helping her down. Not waiting for the womans name. They had to move quickly. As they rounded the corner she stiffened. She knew that they were about to enter the most dangerous night of any of their lives thus far. She stood on her tip toes and kissed Gavin's neck "thank you for saving us Gav. And I'll thank you more appropriately if you don't get us killed in the next few minutes" She smiled and moved away from the axe swinging hunk. She knew that she should be more frightened than she was. But truely she would rather die than ever go back into one of those cages. SO if Gavin Failed.... she was going to end it. She would find a way to push the Kreelocks into ending her life so that she would never ever have to be locked up again.

She turned to the woman who had been weakly tapping and she smiled "Stay behind me okay? I won't let them get to you with out getting through me first." She spoke with complete honesty. Even though her proclamation was a little less noble than it appeared. She simply didn't want the girl to die instead of her.... she didn't want to be the last one standing. Although there was some protective intent in it as well. She didn't like the idea of the poor girl being hurt when she was just now beginning to hope that there was a brighter tomorrow. She looked to Gavin and when the war began she picked up the first fallen weapon and joined in. She was less talented at severing heads as she was severing hands. She recieved a few superficial wounds during her first fight. SHe'd never fought a day in her life (not like this)... but it seemed to come naturally. Every time she swung that Axe she imagined the person on the recieving end was the man who had killed her mother. Or the man who sold her father drugs. Or the monster her father became when he got drunk all the time. She screamed in raged by the memories that flooded her. She moved quickly and defended the girl they had found (Layla) when ever anyone came even remotely near. She was surprised at her sudden burst of energy... endorphines or adrenallyn must have been truely flooding her system as she plowed down the monsters in her path and in her mind.

She turned as she saw Gavin fighting as well. "Gavin to your right!" she prompted and pointed at the monster charging him.
Bailey Turner
Bailey Turner
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Danae Wrede Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:09 pm

" I've got it.. " She stated as she began to page through the listing. "There is some sort of chambers , probably some sort of flooding point incase it ever backed up. "She stated quietly as seh offered the phone over toward Jason. She watched him a moment with a glance to the other two men..but both were rather silent. It was in that silence the roar echoed through the tunnel system of the sewers.

Her head snapped off in a direction as she didn't wait as she began walking. She could remember bits and pieces of the map she had down loaded. Right there were several things she'd be hitting up a few folks for when they got out of this. Thats right folks.. not if.. but when. " Times up boys.. "She stated over her shoulder. Whatever the hell it was that screamed like that..brought back a nightmare she had experienced.. in part she was hoping to find the little bastard that left a mark on her. Doubt it but still.. it would be interesting wouldn't it?
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Price Sun May 02, 2010 5:38 pm

Underground Prison
Sector East

Peering down at the tattered articles of old clothing, Jason shook his head. "These are old looking and dirt stricken. It's hard to tell if wounds were inflicted or not." Thick fingers would roam across the wrinkled shirt before he glanced up to Danae. Standing up, Jason dusted off his hands while Danae marked the direction they walked. "I didn't see any blood." He spoke honestly before following along with her.

Once the group arrived at the grate, Jason waited patiently for any sort of inkling on a location where they were. Nothing looked remotely familiar about this place. Glancing towards the side back at Danae as he would nod, "No problem." His voice reverberating in the long labyrinth of tunnels and elongated halls as they attempted to get a signal. The enchanter was hopeful Danae could get some sort of signal, anything to provide a clue as to where they were.

Finally, Danae would confirm their exact location, Nevada. "Nevada?" A deep frown wrinkling his forehead before he thought back to the man responsible for teleporting them all here. "Not exactly what I was hoping for but at least we have an idea of where we are." Jason waited for Danae's cell phone to load the location of the perimeter. Soon, it was Jason who was following behind the dark haired woman who led them. "Nice work, Danae." His smooth voice accentuated the compliment. "I wouldn't have thought to use a cell phone." He admitted with a cocky grin.

As the team turned the corner following Danae's lead as she marked the walls each of them stopped when they had scenes of a battle raging. "We're not in Kansas any more, Dorothy." He remarked sarcastically as he would clench his fists tightly prepared to fight whatever stood in their way. A feminine voice would echo as a name was ushered 'Gavin to your right.' It seemed there were other humans down here.

The surge of adrenaline kicking in as Jason felt his body tense knowing that there was something just around the corner. Something un human that was attacking a pair of innocent human's. As each Arcanist turned the corner, Jason's coffee eyes went wide as he noticed a hulkish Kreelock charging towards a shirtless male who appeared exhausted. Blood had been smeared on the male they called Gavin and the dark haired Illusionist who was behind him. "We need to help them, guys." Jason spoke barely above a whisper before he looked around for any sort of weapon but found it to no avail.

With the large Kreelock rushing towards Gavin, Jason would charge from the right as he slammed his shoulder into the large Kreelock. The momentum barely even stunning the creature who stumbled back a foot or two before its white eyes stared angrily down at Jason who had managed to swipe the dropped axe the Kreelock dropped. Another ferocious roar was unleashed as the beast charged towards Jason with its bare hands. Its mighty hand sailing through the air as Jason dropped down into a crouch to avoid the punch. A slice of the axe would bite into the Kreelock's thigh causing a splutter of blood to trickle out. Another roar followed as Jason rolled to his left before he got to his feet. Everyone in that room was surrounding the large Kreelock now who moved like the speed of light to land a brutal punch to Jason's chin, causing the Enchanter to collide with the wall roughly momentarily dazing him. The Kreelock would turn its bright, white eyes towards the others in the room fully prepared to kill each of them for escaping.

It was now revealed why they were brought here by the mysterious enigma. They needed to save these prisoners and get the hell out of here once and for all.
Jason Price
Jason Price
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Enchantment

http://jason-price.insanejournal.com/profile

Back to top Go down

Wax On, Wax Off - Page 4 Empty Back At It

Post  Colby Miller Sun May 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Underground Prison
Sector East

Colby didn't know them well enough to suggest that he had the answers to any of Arts questions. And so, he had chosen to ignore them instead. And as he had started to move toward Gabrielle's location, the Transmuter could only shake his head at seeing Artis take a drink. Now was hardly the time for such things, but on what grounds did Colby yet have to say anything?

When they had finally caught upto Gabrielle, her chiding tone brought out a lopsided grin to lick across the features of his visage.

“Got to settle down though right now so I can hear what is going on. It’s how I stay out of bar fights and things like that. Glad to see you boys decided to join the party just wish the others would have came down this way. They could be sitting ducks for all we know. Jason and his damn pride is going to get himself killed.”

Which was another quite sensible line of thought, and as he turned his gaze toward Artis, the man was acting like he was playing a damned video game. Green eyes grew wide as saucers as he made the leap across the canal... nearly falling...

"Whoa... whoa... help me, help me."

Which Colby did on a reactionary level. Both hands grasped hold of Artis chest, as his gaze hardened. Had the man fallen, he might have hurt himself, he might have alerted the enemy to their position Either way it would have been a burden. Either way, it put him in unwarranted danger for nothing.

Keeping the other man from falling, Colby would shove him hard toward the ground besides him...safely onto that but of his. Hissing between his teeth.

“Listen to me, and listen good... I don't want to die because your a drunk. I don't want to die today, or for any of this shit... get your head where its supposed to be, or may the Queen help me, I'll plant you here...”

A thought of reaching into that bag and grabbing those liquor reserves crossed his mind, but no need for senseless drama... which was about the time that a blood-curling battle cry echoed through the sewers from just ahead of them. Colby tensed. He knew that scream. He had heard it two months prior, had seen its results. His jaw tightened and he was on his feet again, water soaked shoes splattering against the ground as he ran ahead. Either they had been discovered, the other team had been discovered, or worse...they were about to slaughter the captives.

As a Transmuter, he had learned that his body was the best of weapons. It could often be the only weapon, and so not having anything but his fists wasn't a problem. Not looking behind him to see if Gabrielle and Artis had followed, The Shaper would move head-long into a wooden doorway... Using his shoulder to barrel lean frame into it. Which surprisingly it did without much so without much effort. Which was about the time, that those green eyes fell on two women and a man, looking almost like tortured ghouls, their heads rolling across the floor

A touch of color rode to his cheeks, as it seemed that these captives weren't in much danger, the Arcanists with him were. Tilting his head...”Hello” English accent catching the air quickly...”I believe we've got turned around, sorry about that!” And Colby rapidly shut the door, because clearly the Kreelocks, were just as evil as he had imagined, and been told... but that still didn't mean that the Ancients were the absolute pure and noble creatures they had been painted as...

Already he was starting to let his mana flow, ducking his head lower and holding tight to the door. As he felt it shake..." Get Ready... This isn't going to keep them back..." Contrary to popular belief Colby wasn't good at fighting, he was good at taking a beating.

For a little while, the door was shaking violently... just before a sharp axe struck it, the sharp blade pointing out of the wooden-door. Colby clearly bewildered knew he'd need several more seconds before he was ready to cast some spell.
Colby Miller
Colby Miller
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Gavin Mitchell Sun May 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Underground Prison
Sector East
Terrified, exhausted, and fighting for their lives, Gavin felt his intestines tighten. He had never experienced anything like this. Months of being tortured and drained of his mana became a habit for the conjurer who had given up on his faith in a higher power as well as escaping. Any plan he had thought up had been foiled in some shape or form. Anytime he tried to cast a spell he was too exhausted to fully focus. A part of him felt like a junkie who was completely out of it. Yet, it had been the adrenaline surge that woke him up.

Gavin's heart slammed frantically against his bare chest but he stilled as introductions were made between Layla and himself and Bailey. Gavin would curtly nod as his chest heaved as he sucked in a few breaths. The sticky blood would begin to dry across parts of his body making him yearn for a hot shower right now. But things were far from over and he knew that.

As Gavin, Layla, and Bailey walked down the dimly lit darkened hallway Gavin stopped by the edge of the corner. A faint brush of a kiss would roam across his neck, causing the conjurer to grin devilishly at the pleasurable sensation. His neck had always been a weakness and within seconds Bailey had uncovered that. "Really?" Gavin's eyes would dilate at the insinuation of Bailey's words before that playboy smile broadened. "I may have to keep you to your word, Bailey." A sly wink offered before Gavin turned the corner. He couldn't believe how bold and forward the sassy Illusionist was but it definitely kept him on his toes. She definitely was a handful but one who had a fiery nature about her.

Turning the corner, Gavin headed for the voices up ahead that belonged to Jason and Danae. "I hear voices." His words hushed as bare feet cautiously crept around the wall. Gavin turned to look at Bailey with a grin but his smile faded when she cried out 'Gavin to your right!' The exhausted conjurer would turn to see a large Kreelock charging at him with full speed. Cursing himself for leaving the axe back inside the caged room. Gavin knew it would be seconds before the Kreelock crossed the distance between them.

Suddenly, another figure came sprinting out of the shadows to shoulder tackle into the mammoth. Gavin backed up quickly as he noticed another male attempting to distract the Kreelock away from them. Instinctively, Gavin noticed Jason wasn't a prisoner nor did he seem as exhausted as they were. Perhaps help was sent after all? Gavin felt just a twinge of hope as he took those precious seconds to rest. It would seem Jason wasn't alone either as shadows loomed behind him. Gavin, Layla, and Bailey were rescued after months of torture. It almost seemed like a dream.

Jason took a brutal punch landing him on his ass. Gavin held out his hand as he helped Jason to his feet while the Kreelock was distracted. "Seeing stars right about now ah?" He knew all too well how the enchanter felt. "Any idea on how to get the fuck out of here?" Little did Gavin know that Jason had the layout of the sewer system thanks to Danae's quick thinking utilizing her cell phone.
Gavin Mitchell
Gavin Mitchell
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

http://gavin-mitchell.insanejournal.com/profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danae Wrede Sun May 02, 2010 8:33 pm

The group it seemed was rejoined with those she hadn't met yet. With the monsters dead for the moment she glanced to the three that had been injured and tortured. She drew in a deep breath. " We're in Nevada.. and question is.. we clean this place out or just run like hell? " She asked bluntly as she rolled her shoulders a bit. While Colby wasn't a fighter, Danae had spent several months in basic, not to mention the training she and Tobias had been doing while being students at the Keep.

She held herself in check however while turning over the possibilities here. Her mind gave her a quick count of the gathering of powers. She could do one of three things at this point.. she could heal the others, teleport them the hell out of here once they found the others.. or kick the Nasties asses. The dark eyes swept over them all, she could feel the mana boiling within her veins as she shifted her weight from foot to foot.

" Come on gentlemen.. the longer we stand here and contemplate this.. the quicker they are going to get their shit together and flank us. "She pointed out with a quirked brow. Screw it.. " This way.. we'll decide while moving. Jason you still have my phone? " She asked with a testy tone. " You three stay to the middle of the group. We move together. no wanderers.. no more manly man bullshit. "She stated firmly. " Jason, you have point.. Tobias ,you have tail. The rest of us will circle around the three here.. no one fall behind.. no one left behind. " Danae wasn't typically the sort to step up and toss out orders but right now they all needed direction. It was her hope the Illusionists could more or less hide the group, the transmuters were shields.. She needed to get them moving before the rest of the Kreelocks caught the group's scent. " Give the phone over to one of them.." nodding to the protected three. That way they had only to focus on walking and calling out left or right.

Danae was waiting for one of them to toss out the idea if they were going to fight or flee. If they did this once.. who knew how many of them didn't make it out of here. And did they really want to leave a shithole like this in existence? Ok.. at any point someone else was more then welcome to take over the group as a whole , just as long as it wasn't another dick measuring contest. " For now retrace our steps back, Jason.. when we have the others we'll make a final decision. " She gave a curt nod for them to start friggin moving. Oh..yeah.. was it mentioned Danae HATES being underground?
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Price Mon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Underground Prison
Sector East

Having been knocked down onto his ass, Jason felt as though he were in a cartoon seeing stars. Shaking the dizziness out of his head when a shadow loomed above and a shirtless male stood in front of him. Blinking his vision back to normal, Jason had noticed the hand offered by the Conjurer and took it firmly as he was quickly pulled to his feet. "Thanks, man." It seemed the prisoner had been through hell down here. Jason was about to inquire how long the guy had been here when Danae's voice echoed, informing Gavin of their exact location as well as offering a question of her own. Should they stay and fight or run like hell? Jason's jaw still throbbed from the punch he suffered but he never backed down from a fight in his life. Yet, with exhausted and injured human's added into the equation it changed the variable. "Good question." He was still debating that answer himself while glancing from Gavin back to Danae.

A thick brow would arch curiously at Danae's firm, authoritative voice as she tried to nudge things along. A slow crawl of a smile molded onto Jason's lips, he liked her style. Danae was no Diva and she certainly knew her shit. As soon as the Conjurer barked orders, Jason would nod in understanding. "Yes Ma'am." It was obvious she had a military background and most likely tactical training, something he could appreciate. "Yes, I still have the phone." He held up the smooth device, detecting an ounce of irritation in her tone. The enchanter wouldn't dwell on it knowing everyone had been cranky, stressed, and probably feeling a little on edge being dumped in this situation.

With new orders provided by a quick thinking and clever Danae, Jason immediately moved to take point where others in the room followed her instructions. Jason walked over to the one called Bailey and handed her the cell phone. "Hold onto this, babe." He turned away to head back the way they originally came scoping for Danae's marks on the way. Every step was quick and light as they would head back towards the direction of Colby, Artis, Gabrielle, and anyone else they missed.

"If we stayed and fight we don't know how many there are. If we run those things are likely to follow us. It's a bad situation either way. We also don't want to run the battery down on your cell or risk the chances of getting lost in this shit hole. If you can teleport us out when we get the others or if you have ideas I'm all ears."

As Jason headed down the hallway he could hear Colby as well as the Kreelocks. The enchanter quickening his pace without being too loud in his foot steps. He glanced back to Danae with a nod to indicate they were getting closer to the angry band of Kreelocks that Colby and crew were attempting to hold back.
Jason Price
Jason Price
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Enchantment

http://jason-price.insanejournal.com/profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Sommers Wed May 05, 2010 3:14 am

Underground Prison
Sector East

Hearing the two boys go at it again this time she wasn’t going to sit by and watch them fight with each other. She was getting highly annoyed with all this drama that was going on so she put her foot down squarely between the two and right after Colby helped Artis to his feet.

“Knock it off boys don’t need any more blood in here then what those things down there are doing. If you can’t stand each other sit in different corners of the group and chill out till you can. I don’t want to pick either one of you two off the ground because someone got smart.”

With a growl she then looked to where there was foot fall and sure enough the rest of the group was rejoining them the only thought that went through her head was thank the gods more the merrier. That is if the other gents in the group weren’t going to start up squawking. Seamed that high stress and combat was just making her testy or just more annoyed with male behavior either way it wasn’t good.

Taking a few breaths in and out to try and calm herself she closed her eyes and restarted her thoughts. Turning back to the resident squirrel that seemed to have a sack full of goodies she spoke to Artis.

“Got anything stronger then Jack in there sailor? Hope so because after all this is said and done we might be needing some of that to take the edge off of having to kill a living being just to survive. Even though they are really ugly looking and evil by nature.”

With that she smiled softly at him making sure he was going to be alright on his feet that Colby firmly planted him back on after he almost lost his balance. She couldn’t help but have her mind drift to the thought of how she wasn’t being the world’s biggest cults that she always was down here. How she hasn’t missed a beat which was usual for her even on a good day when she was working just one job.

Hearing the tail end of the conversation that the other group was having it seemed that they had figured out where they were at and had done it via a phone that they were checking on having. Nevada of all places to be transported to they had to be transported there. The place that she left to peruse this new part of her as it seemed the jobs where she was at now were a whole lot more then what she had there. Sighing she just tried to melt once more into the side of the cavern that they were at for she wanted to disappear right about now.

That was till she snapped her mind out of the poor me stage and decided to just deal with whatever else was going to get thrown her way. The other women in the group seemed to have a good head on her shoulders and was keeping the boys in line so she decided that maybe they would have a change against the creatures that were down here and that maybe they might get out and whoever else needed out get them out too. The first time in a long while she allowed herself to hope for a happy ending and the manna in her surged for just a moment to give her a peace of mind and strength all her own.

Smiling she looked to the group listening more intently to the plan of tension of the group which seemed to so far be to stick together once more and to try and figure this whole mess out that they were teleported into. This was proving to be quite the experience for and she was turning out to be doing a whole lot of growing up down there. Neither of which were really a bad thing. That is if her stubborn streak wouldn’t get in the way of her new look on life which there was still a chance that it could.
Gabrielle Sommers
Gabrielle Sommers
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Wax On, Wax Off - Page 4 Empty Where oh where is home!

Post  Danae Wrede Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Danae walked at the side of the trio they had found and kept an eye out for whatever would leech out of the darkness. The stocky woman was a bundle of coiled springs, ready to explode. She heard the conversations of Colby and the others as she gave a nod to Jason as he had looked back.

" Thats the plan..we'll get everyone to safety, then we'll figure out what to do with this shit hole.. and find out what exactly whats going on here. " She stated softly. Surely the Uglies weren't stealing those with the gift for a pleasure cruise, with luck Gavin, Baily and Layla would have information that would help guide their steps from there. She continued to boil the mana within her veins , if she was going to pull off a mass teleportation, she was going to need all the energy she could surplus at the moment.

She thought about offering to heal the others..but the fear of not having enough to get them out of there, lingered a bit too heavily still. They were moving, that was a plus.. beaten and half starved.. but moving. Good enough, rang through her head. Not the nicest of choices but currently, she wasn't sure they could afford to be nice. The glance around to make sure no one had trailed off, Gods knew that they couldn't afford someone wandering off at the moment.
The group had to keep moving to catch up with Jason and the three ahead of them holding the Uglies at the door.

" Just a little further, then we're getting the hell out of here. "She stated quietly already fixing the Keep within her mind. The hall, right..the room they had begun this misadventure in. Keep that in mind..the room, the burnt table.. the torn apart sink.. keep these things in mind.. it was the little details that would help. Besides wouldn't want to make a mistake and teleport someone into a piece of furniture.. that..that would suck.

But'cha know.. no pressure!
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Wax On, Wax Off - Page 4 Empty In the Sewers...Glamorous!

Post  Arik Thu May 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Arik smiled to himself as he handed the artifact to the Ancients. He knew it was important, but he did not see why they could not just send someone whose hands were not quite as full. Granted, the errand itself was a little demeaning, but he did get something out of it. Before he turned in the artifact, he chipped a piece off to put in his cache to study later. He bowed and smiled. "I shall be returning to my keep now. Many blessings find their way to you." He said as he disappeared and teleported back to his keep. What he found was a little disconcerting. Broken things, and the lingering taste of mana in the air.

His brow furrowed as he swished a hand and the broken things had repaired themselves, temporarily at least. What the hell had gone on here?! His immediate concern were that of his students. Where were they? What were they doing there? Why hadn't he been informed of this class field trip?! He set the piece of crystal on the table and took off his white and silver coat. His white shirt slightly rippled as be brought a sleeved arm and an unsleeved arm in the air and began to weave the broken strands of mana together and within a few seconds the task was done.

With a small jerk, he twisted the strands together and the room faded into smoke. When the settings around him finally became solid, and more than wisps of colored smoke, he looked around him and did not like what he saw. Kreelocks. What a day. This is what his students had to deal with? Some of them were not even ready to fight their own shadows, much less Kreelocks. He let a small grin escape his lips as the Kreelocks turned to face him. Their teeth yellow and red with blood and rot. Their putrid odor offended his nose. They let out a low growl as they raised their weapons. This was not the way this day was supposed to go damnit.

"Very well. You shall have a fight." Arik said loudly as his hands started to glow a pale blue. The temperature in the room dropped fast, and small clouds of cold began to fill the room, and some of the clouds began to sneak under the door, but still he managed to obscure the vision in the room. Large icicles began to form on the surfaces in the room. "Now you die!" He said as the clouds in the room dissipated to reveal angry Kreelocks frozen to the floor struggling to break free. As if clockwork, the large icicles broke away from the walls, ceiling and floor, and began swirling around the room. They whistled as the flew through the air and eventually found their place in the Kreelock's heads or chests.

Arik placed a hand in his blonde hair, and breathed a sigh of relief. It was a fun spell, but one that was a little taxing, even for him. He readjusted his clothes and put on a serious expression as he tried to open the door. It budged a little, but closed again. "What a day." He sighed quietly to himself as he closed his eyes and teleported blindly to the other side, and rather than risk being ambushed again, conjured a large ball of blinding light to mask his entrance. Fortunately for him, what he did find was his students. Well now they were potentially temporarily blind students, but students nonetheless. God he hoped they were not going to have to fight their way out.

"I'm glad to see you are all safe." He said nonchalantly as he looked everyone over.
Arik
Arik
Essentian
Essentian

Domain : Essentian

Back to top Go down

Post  Colby Miller Thu May 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Underground Prison
Sector East

Holding the door was hard. It was taxing. Especially as every now and again he'd have to whip his head left or right. As he had to wonder if the next strike would be the one to do him in. It was around this time, that he heard voices. Concocting half-ass plans of teleporting. This time he was silent. This time, he didn't want to add to his own discontent or the discontent of Artis or Gabrielle.

But Colby had to wonder if they remembered what Arik had taught them about teleporting, about how numbers had to be taken into consideration, and knowing what was around and above you and near you could effect how far you teleported. Colby didn't want to end up somewhere in the sewer systems.

“Okay...hate to be the wet blanket...but how many of us can you actually teleport?” British accent held in full, as another axe swung through the door, blade flashing before green eyes, the very tip of which rested right where his forehead was. A small line of blood had already started to drip down his face. The Shaper let a hiss leave his lips, and his jaw set tight. Before there came a silence trickling from the other side of the door. And the movement stopped.

Colby had a bad feeling about this. And not seconds later he felt his eye-sight leave him. The Blinding White light tore through the area, and made it hard to know who had done it, what had done it.. But that wasn't the biggest problem, quickly he released the mana he had been driving up. Finding his own strength instantly increasing. Those hands that had been holding the door open, thrust through it... Grasped hold of the axe that that had cut his own head and ripped it right through.... Just as he heard the familiar voice of his captor. His Kidnapper and mostly arch-nemesis.

"I'm glad to see you are all safe."

There wasn't a need for vision, not when he was sure that that was the Silver Essentian's voice. When he had memorized the creature that had stolen him from his home, and forced him into a life of violence and death and crazy stinky sewers. His body trembled with the desire for combat, trembled with the want to just cleave the immortal with the axe in hand.

His vision was clearing, and with it, the sights were of his classmates.

“Bout bloody time... Why are we here? Was it to see those dead arcanists?” He pointed to the room behind him...”Or save some of them? Why are they here? How did you fail to kidnap these ones?”

[-1 Spell Point - Bulls Strength ]
Colby Miller
Colby Miller
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Layla Fairchild Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 am

Through it all, Layla was struggling to keep up with the group. Fighting to keep her mind on the surface of her consciousness. She'd been dizzy and weak when they'd gotten her out of the cage, and what with all the movement in attempt to escape, she was lagging behind now, barely even noticed how many people caught up with the initial three.

Stumbling, her hand trailed along the wall slowly, fingers trying to catch into something to hold her body up while she moved toward where sh heard the main voices come from. The one barking orders seemed like a good one to focus on. Breathing was labored, her thoughts drifting along as she counted to ten, see how easily or difficult it was to get to the destination number. One.. two.. three...

She'd barely made it to eight on the second time before form connected with the floor, her mind sinking under the water while her body struggled to rebuild the mana drained from her body.

It was safe to say the woman was down for the count.
Layla Fairchild
Layla Fairchild
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

http://www.bebo.com/lacedglamour

Back to top Go down

Wax On, Wax Off - Page 4 Empty G-L-A-M-O-R-O...Oh wait. I'm in a sewer...

Post  Arik Sat May 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Arik placed his thin hand on his forehead and shook it slightly in dismay. "I'm sorry for the situation you are all in right now. I did not have the luxury of telling the ancients 'No', this time." He said allowing his frustration of the whole situation to show in his voice. "I am not the one to be angry with. I do not know what transpired for this seemingly hellish situation to come into fruition, but I am here to help you, as I have always been here to help you." He said sternly as he looked at Colby. He would have made for a promising student, if only he wanted to learn. Arik remembered when they first met. That was made of fun.

Arik heard a body hit the ground and turned around to see one, Layla Fairchild on the floor. He immediately bent down and got on one knee to see her. He touched her face, and did not like what he felt. He said nothing as he lifted her gently off of the floor. One might not think that he would be able to pick one up so easily, but she was light, and he had already called upon arcane power to give him that extra boost of strength. "She is not well." He muttered to himself as he grabbed her hand and a faint golden light covered them. He looked around the room once more and mumbled something inaudible, and the whole room was bathed in a golden light. "I supposed I could soothe your injuries before I teleport us all back to the keep." The warmth of the light tickled his skin a little, but because he was not injured himself, he did not feel the full effect of the spell itself. He waited for a moment for the light to dissipate.

"Now if you will all please relax yourselves, I will take us where we need to be." He said and with a twist of his fingers he pulled the lingering mana threads together and tugged on the mana thread. The walls of the room began to fade into the oblivion like smoke into the atmosphere. It was only a moment before Arik could smell the familiar smell of his domicile. It was good to be home, however, he could not rest yet. He had someone to tend to.

"I'm going to take her to one of the spare rooms." He said as he carried the young lady into one of the rooms and laid her gently onto a bed. There was a chair in the corner, and he sat down in it and waited for a sign of progress. His mind whirred angrily as he planned a trip to a certain someone who he knew was more than likely the accelerant to this horrible situation they had managed to get themselves into.
Arik
Arik
Essentian
Essentian

Domain : Essentian

Back to top Go down

Post  Danae Wrede Sat May 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Half assed perhaps but it was a way out.. but ah well, life went on didn't it? She started to open her mouth to answer when the flash of light appeared and then came the voice of Arik. She smirked and shook her head. " You're late. "She pointed out before catching a glimpse of Layla falling to the ground. However before any of them could offer assistance Arik was there once more.

She said nothing else as Arik had caught the group as a whole and once more they stood in the Keep. The sigh passed her lips as she shook her head. While Colby had another bout of diaherria of the mouth she offered a small grin to the others. The hand was held out toward Gavin and Bailey. " Hello I'm Danae. And if you like.. have a seat and I'll do what I can to help undo what has been done. "She offered quietly. She wouldn't really wait that long on either of them as each took her hand she'd offer a share of the mana she had kept within to each of them. For their bodies to heal the wounds and aches that had been caused by the Kreelocks. It was an easy spell to bring to forefront, that of healing.

Once done.. she'd only offer another nod and collect her phone before moving off to find a shower.. and to consider a few options.
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum: