Alchemy SL: Incantare Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY ALCHEMY?

+4
Michael Ashford
Arik
Lorelei Ashford
admin_ronnie
8 posters

Go down

WHY ALCHEMY? Empty WHY ALCHEMY?

Post  admin_ronnie Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:48 am

Alchemy has been around for several years and with the new incarnation still in the early stages I felt it necessary to reveal a thread with reviews from it’s current and former members. Some of us turned our backs on AOL role-playing when the first storyline closed down, but have now returned. I also felt like this would be a good place to share your favorite moments with Alchemy. Why should new members join alchemy?

Last edited by admin_ronnie on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
admin_ronnie
admin_ronnie
Admin
Admin

Domain : Admin

http://alchemysl.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

WHY ALCHEMY? Empty Re: WHY ALCHEMY?

Post  Lorelei Ashford Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 pm

Why shouldn't new members join alchemy is the better question. I was one of those roleplayers who left the rp community and the only reason I am back is because of this group. What I love most about it is that we do more than roleplay here--we make long lasting friends and it's like a family. Even though Alchemy shut down I still kept in contact with many from the group and here I am today, back again.

If you want a taste of the old school, the way the roleplaying community used to be--this is the place to join. Sure, I'm one of the admins and I'm supposed to say things to boost membership (heh), but I started out two years ago knowing no one, like most of the new members that will and have joined. I worked my way up to where I am today and I've made it my goal to make sure that everyone here gets to know why I fell in love with Alchemy--I want you all to have the same experience. This group is one of a kind, and you won't find another like it.

My favorite memories vary--and no it isn't the Lorelei and Gavin scenes (even though those were good, Matt <3 hah). Adelina and Lorelei were a dynamic duo and sought out to make said Gavin's life interesting--girl power right there hah (Mina <3). And then of course the action scenes that would take place--out in the woods fighting off harpies, trying to stay alive. Sure we had our funny moments too and those were great. But what made this so special was the fact that while our characters would be duking it out within the game, outside play, we all remained great friends. The more we played, the stronger the bonds got. The ideas that flowed were amazing.

Now, we've starting roleplaying again. Old and new characters come together in such a unique light and I love seeing how it all unfolds. I could go on but I'm sure others will add their thoughts. If you want to join Alchemy, I can tell you this--you won't regret it.
Lorelei Ashford
Lorelei Ashford
Arcane Archon
Arcane Archon

Domain : Enchantment

Back to top Go down

Post  Arik Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm not very good at these "write-em-up" thingies, but I do feel as if I should say something to anyone who is thinking about joining Alchemy. I have only ever done AIM and Journal RPs, and in fact, I hated and flat out refused to be a part of anything Forum Related. With that being said, a friend of mine said I should join, and I did. While I have only been in for a short amount of time, I will have to say this is probably the best group of players I have ever had the privilege of playing with. Joining this RP will guarantee you fun and play! The admins are great too!
Arik
Arik
Essentian
Essentian

Domain : Essentian

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ashford Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 pm

I was a member of the original Alchemy storyline, so a lot of my opinion is based on past experience. I can honestly say that this was one of, if not the best group of people that I have ever had the opportunity to play with. Everyone's character was unique, developed and contributed to making the original Alchemy as awesome as it was. I should probably mention that creating characters has never been my strong point (read: I can't create a decent character to save my life), and most of the characters that others create themselves have a tendency to be one-dimensional or ridiculously overpowered and without flaw (or all of the above). Needless to say, I was never a fan of this type of game, where every character involved was created by the players themselves. Alchemy changed my mind. To this date it's been my favorite game, hands down.

Although I've only recently rejoined the group, I have no doubt that I will find the latest extension of the original game to be just as rewarding as its predecessor. Many of the original players are still around, and the newer players all seem extremely friendly, with their own set of well-developed characters to add to the mix. As a random note, I personally dislike message board forums, but I was willing to look past the new format in order to be involved with this group of people again. I'd recommend this group to anyone who is debating whether or not they should join. If it's anything like it was the first time around, then you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not filling out that application. Alchemy has proven that it can withstand the test of time, evolving with each new version and allowing the characters to grow from their previous origins and find their niche within the newest developments of the game's universe. We have lost a number of players and characters along the way, but the story continues to persevere as one of the better ones you will find out there.
Michael Ashford
Michael Ashford
Arcane Archon
Arcane Archon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Price Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 pm

I was never a part of the original Alchemy story line. But I had heard good things about it from Veronica. Even to this day, she still speaks highly of the intriguing story lines and the close rapport the players shared.

I've done a few story lines myself and most of them have had bad experiences with so I was hesitant to join this. But Veronica always had a unique way of recruiting. Which to me is a good thing. But none the less I'm rather picky about joining a group story line. I need detail, creativity, amicable players, and people who enjoy role-playing. Which is exactly what is here and more. This story line is very unique with a variety of abilities and characters to choose from. The players are friendly, welcoming, and active. All of the above are assets when helming a successful story line.

What I like best about Alchemy is you don't have any negative people who are always putting others down, being hypocritical, or hurting feelings. With Alchemy you have warm individuals who accept you and your character for what they are. Plus, you're not pressured into posting. The Mods here are very understanding and respectful.

I definitely would recommend others joining this story line.
Jason Price
Jason Price
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

http://jason-price.insanejournal.com/profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brian Botner Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with what has been said in the above posts. When Veronica recruited me (<3), I joined because the storyline sounded fun and unique, but what's kept me around has been the community I'm proud to start being a part of. When Jenn (Alisa Madison) and I joined, we only knew Veronica and each other, and that first night there was a chat and we were invited in. It was crazy busy with members, and we were having such a hard time remembering the real names that went with the characters and keeping track of everything going on - but we were immediately welcomed in, no questions asked, and had a great time. Since then I've gotten to know a few members better, and I wouldn't hesitate from messaging any member with an idea or question. Besides the welcoming community, how and what everyone writes has kept me around - it's such a joy to read good writing. Also, huge kudos goes to the admins for giving us such interesting, varied scenes to play out. It's so much fun to write something new and different, and I thank you guys for giving me the opportunity to keep writing. Although I'm busy with schoolwork and everything else that comes with being a senior, I love taking the time out to write a post here.

Veronica has recruited me to play a part in many stories over the years, and I love her for it! Those stories, alas, tended to have short life spans because the people weren't committed. Here, however, even though we all lead lives outside of Alchemy, everyone is willing to take time to write. The posts may not be incredibly frequent, but they will be incredibly interesting, well written, and directly connected to the plot of the story, which is something I feel many role plays lack. The story is directed and going somewhere, which is something really valuable about this site.

Like has been said, if you're on the fence about joining, hop down onto our side! You'll be welcomed in, you and your character both, and this is a wonderful opportunity for you to participate in something great.
Brian Botner
Brian Botner
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Conjuration

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kenyon Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm

There are several reasons why I joined and several reasons why I stayed. Alchemy has a wonderful group of people. Friendly and welcoming, and willing to plot. The characters are well thought out and well played. It's creative, unique, and interesting. I'm probably just repeating everything everyone else has said, but reading through their comments, I couldn't agree more.

It really is just a great SL to be a part of.
Carolina Kenyon
Carolina Kenyon
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Abjuration

Back to top Go down

Post  Adelina Kroman Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:38 am

Why Alchemy? Because it's grown, brought amazing people together, and helped people find dedicated and passionate writers. I was apart of the original storyline, and actually co-owned it alongside Matt, and I have to admit it's one of the best storylines I've been apart of. Alchemy brought me close to two of the current admins (there have been many timeframes in the storyline, and admins have changed), and that it something I can never forget. OOC talk, and even OOC connection is sometimes very important to play, and here it will never falter. Alchemy has become much more than just a storyline, it has become a family of writers who love to play and who love one another.

Writer wise? It's only the best of the best. Everyone within the storyline is creative and dedicated to their characters and this storyline. We think of plots, have areas where people can suggest and generally want everyone to be comfortable and happy within play without feeling limited or feeling God-moded. This is generally a great storyline, and a fun place to be ooc and ic wise.
Adelina Kroman
Adelina Kroman
Arcane Archon
Arcane Archon

Domain : Necromancy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down