Alchemy SL: Incantare Legacies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Objects under the glass ( Open )

Go down

Objects under the glass ( Open ) Empty Objects under the glass ( Open )

Post  Danae Wrede Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:54 pm

• Characters: Danae , her brother Tom.
• When: Takes place after To the Victor goes the Spoils
• Where: Apartment at Tom's Farm, moving to the University.
• Summary: Danae took some samples while fighting the Dopplegangers. She's looking for scientific answers as to what these creatures are. The more information brought to light of what these things are, the better idea of how to deal with them that isn't entirely magical.

Danae had departed shortly after their return from the rescue. Arik and the others had it well in hand, not to mention she had samples she wanted to get started on before she lost any living tissue, well any more living tissue. The teleport back to her brother's farm , as she came walking tiredly toward the second story garage. Her new apartment was on the second floor, it gave her privacy and kept her and her sister in law from wanting to choke the shit out of each other.

The laughter and running around of their kids and their friends was given a small grin. The dark eyes watched for only a moment before she tugged the keys from her pack and let herself inside. The door was closed and locked once more as she climbed up the narrow staircase. His wife had been dead set against all this, her moving in. But.. her brother wouldn't leave her without a roof over her head. While they weren't twins, there was barely a year between them. She depended on him, as much as he did her. She glanced around, figures he would have already set up most of ehr things. They had studied together in college and shared a house at that point together. Danae was a touch meticulious about her things. The soft quack came from behind another door.. good.. he hadn't turned the duckling loose among the kids. That was a plus. She would check on the duck in a moment.. for now she wanted to get into the work room.

Danae slipped into the lab and looked around.. her own clothing had a bit of blood splatter and other odds and ends on it , which would of course need to be looked at as well. She striped down and left it all in different totes within the room and the samples tucked into a small refrigerator, before heading back out to go find well.. normal clothing. Or what accounted as normal for her. Once the clothing was in hand..she moved to shower. Who didn't think better after a shower?

Last edited by Danae Wrede on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Domain : Conjuration

Back to top Go down

Objects under the glass ( Open ) Empty Re: Objects under the glass ( Open )

Post  Danae Wrede Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:41 pm

With the clothing change she moved through the small apartment barefoot, a pause to let the duck out of the bathroom to let him roam free in the apartment. She paused to turn on the radio before stepping off into the "clean room". The dark damp hair was drawn up into a thick knot at the nape of her neck as the tee shirt and loose pj bottoms seemed to work well enough. She looked over the items that had been gotten together. While she didn't have the resources to put together a full lab, this would work well enough. The pants and such were left for last as she moved to the samples she had collected of tissue and blood. She tugged on a pair of gloves and set herself to work. The music blared in the background while she carefully set herself to the task.

Granted some had already investigated what it was these creatures.. Dopplegangers, were. She wanted a chemical work up and exact blood analaysis. The biologist in her was itching to find out more about these creatures. If she could find out what made them, there was a possiblity to find out what their weaknesses were. The magical awakening in all of them, those Arcanist, however they all had limitations. Especially the new ones, such as herself. The exhaustion from the fight and healing was enough to make her want to sleep for several days. It wouldn't be long before she had to return to work. However, that night still kept her awake some nights.

She set the samples into the spec and waited now to see what would turn up. The soft hum of the computers were unheard while Johnny Cash sang in the other room. She hadn't heard her door open.. nor the steps of her brother's as he peered into the room.

" Whatcha working on? " He asked from the doorway. Danae found herself jump a bit as she looked at him.

"Just something I came across. " She stated with a small shrug and looked at him. Part of her warned about coming here. First and foremost was what she had come acrossed on the mountain. What if they came here.. she seemed a bit distant as he watched her.

" Danae, what did you get involved with .. don't tell me nothin.. Amy said she heard you screaming the other night. " He stated while his arms folded over the jarhead's thick chest. The brows lifted in echo of her brothers as she pondered.

" I .. really don't know, Tom. I am working on finding out. "She gave a nod to the systems as they whirlled and beeped. He looked to the instruments within the room. " Does Dad still have that retreat? "She asked quietly as she pondered how long it would take her to move her things from here.. there.. The cabin was a place they had all gone to at one point in time or another. Their father had offered it to Danae several times, to keep her from bouncing from apartment to apartment.

He frowned and gave a small nod." you just got here.. " he stated.

" It isn't safe for me to stay here, Tom. This is just temporary, I told you that. " She stated softly.

" Which is why you told me to unpack only this stuff. " he gave a nod then gave her a hard look. He started to open his mouth as she shook her head.
"Don't. " She stated as she looked away from him while she caught the finishing ring of the machine and turned to draw up the information on the laptop. Tom pushed himself away from the doorway to come up behind her. The chemical compounds of the blood analysis came up as the pair of them stared at her. Tom was a medic for the Marines, like all of the men in her family he had enlisted as soon as he could. Danae would have followed in their father and brother's footsteps but found herself drawn more in another direction.

The pair of them stared and the glance shared as she looked to the machine then back to the screen. " Well.. " She started then just shushed. What did one say to that. There were two compounds that were completely unknown as she reached for the notebook. Tom was merely staring at it.

" Danae.. I've never seen anything like this.. " he spoke softly, nearly pushing her out of the way to run a few other analysis. Though as he started to wedge his way in , she elbowed him in the side.

" I know. " She gave him a firm look as he offered the quirked grin. " And.. I think your owner is calling for you. " she stated with a thumb jerked over her shoulder. Who couldn't hear that shrieking voice of that .... woman. He sighed and leaned down and lightly kissed her cheek.

" Yeah yeah yeah.. I'm going.. I wanna see what else you find. " he stated with a glance to the screen then backed off to go find out what his wife wanted. Danae didn't seem to relax until she heard the door closed. Whatever it was, it wasn't normal by any means. Right, time to pack up and head up to the cabin. As soon as she was finished with a few other tests. Thankfully he hadn't paid much attention to the clothing in the bins , or she hoped not.

Of course she planned on moving in a completely different way then conventional. What she needed was for them to be away for a weekend. The purse of her lips came as she gave a nod and pushed herself up and collected the sample and tucked the rest away for later. She needed to go into town. A few moments later she was changed and knotting her boots. The absent light taps of the hand to the Duck who adored shoelaces.

Tom caught her heading to her jeep from the kitchen window. He stepped out the back and called to her. " Where you heading? " He glanced toward the garage as she shook her head a bit. Nosy bugger!

" I'm heading up to the Univeristy. I think I may have contaiminated the samples, I'll let you know. " She waved to him and tossed the sachel and climbed into the jeep. She fired it up and set off toward the University. Well she hadn't lied entirely, she had planned to go there.. just not to talk to anyone. While use of their facilities wasn't the best idea, her own equipment wasn't exactly up to par to get the information she was seeking. And.. there was a favor owed to her.
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Danae Wrede Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:10 pm

The drive in hadn't been anything out of the ordinary as she waved to the security guard. She had known him for a while, when she was a student they had dated. Nothing against dating security, just not professors. The wink was tossed in his direction as he waved her through. He couldn't say much , she had introduced him to his wife. The jeep turned into the science buildings parking lot. For a long moment she merely stared at the building and turned over things in her head. They had used magic against these things.. and on the one creature she had emptied several rounds into with no effect. The sigh passed her lips as she caught her sachel and the keycard she had to give her access into the labs.

Not entirely legally obtained card.. but it worked. The woman sat off for the building and the lower floors. She moved with a purpose and not really paying much attention to the students or professors she passed. An old trick learned, look like you belong and no one questions it. She made sure not to touch much and most of which was done so with a toe in a door before it closed or an elbow to hold a door. It wasn't until she got down to the labs that she really began watching her step. With a glance into one of the empty labortories she used the card and slid inside. The shade was drawn over the window and her eyes turned to the delightful equipment before her.

" Now then.. lets see what you realy are.. " She whispered as she locked the door and began to set things up. Once she could get a true chemical break down.. she could begin devising things that would give them more of an advantage over the damned things. While magic was all well and fine.. nothing beat the black and white of science.
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Danae Wrede Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:04 pm

The hours ticked on and the sounds of beeps and other delightful electronic hums moved around her as she waited and reveiwed the results. The woman was a bit lost as to what some of the basier elements were. Nothing medically founded that was certain as she listened for a moment. The sudden curse left her lips as she began shutting things down and downloaded the information onto a thumb drive. It was difficult enough to ponder what these things were, but for things that hadn't been indentified? Buggers.

The door to the lab opened as a man stood there with a quirked brow and spied the cleaning up of Danae. " What are you doing here? These labs are restricted. " he stated firmly until she turned and looked at him.

" Oh come on , Willard, you said if I needed a lab.. to just stop by. "She pointed out as he grunted and frowned. " I know.. and I'm leaving, just wanted to look at a few specimen I came acrossed.. see.. all clean and tidy. "She winked and stuffed her gear back into her sachel. She walked toward him as the last of the computers were rebooting. " No worries."she stated with a tap to his cheek. He seemed somewhat confused as he watched her depart. Odd. Typically Danae would call let him know, but this seemed a bit too secretive even for her.

She didn't pause but continued walking , if somewhat quickly toward the exit. She wanted a chance to look at these things , to study the data, with luck she'd find a chemical equivialent that way she had a better idea of what would work in case the Arcanist had gone through their magical abilities. Exhaustion was the main factor they all needed to watch out for. While Arik could go for a bit without tiring , she and the rest still had heavy limitations. The Dopplegangers were likely the least of their worries.. and best to start planning for this stuff now.

She kept the bee line for her jeep as she slid up into the seat, the satchel not moving far from her side as she lit up the jeep again. The glance behind her and away she went. The wave to the security guard on her way out, before contemplating where to go that she wouldn't be interupted. the purse of her lips was given as she debated. Cyberbar.. or perhaps just going back up to the Keep? First place she wanted to go?

She turned off the highway toward a small church , if anyone had answers to all this.. and since they were fighting evil.. who better to seek guidance from?
Danae Wrede
Danae Wrede
Arcane-Touched
Arcane-Touched

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down